WHAT TO EXPECT
No Lights No Lycra is a casual free-form dance class in the dark for the pure joy of dancing.
There is no need to book a place, just show up when you’re in the mood for a dance!
Bring: water bottle and comfortable clothes to dance in.
No Lights No Lycra:
- is a place for people to come and dance freely in a friendly, non-threatening, drug and alcohol free atmosphere.
- is an event that occurs in a dimly lit room: with the lights low people can truly dance without worrying about what they look like.
- is a time to dance independently in the company of others – in order for people to truly lose themselves in the music it is important to keep talking to a minimum.
- is not about technique and being a ‘good’ dancer, it’s about the experience of dancing with no one watching and the joy that this brings.
- is a place to exercise at your own pace while having fun.
- promotes a healthy mind and a healthy body.
- is about making dance accessible for everyone.
- It is an inclusive event – open to all ages, genders, backgrounds and demographics.
- is a place to shake out the stresses of the week, let go of your inhibitions and completely be yourself.
“I go to NLNL because I feel safe free and alive. I could have had the worst day and every time I leave with a smile on my face. I have finally found a place to let loose with my bad dance moves and no one judges me, I actually feel bad dancing is embraced”
“I adore every NLNL session! It’s such an escape from thought or reason, it’s just a place to do exactly what you feel and let loose!”
“I love being able to dance like I am at a club without having dodgy people trying to pick me up! I love just having the opportunity to dance fullstop – not so many chances now that I’m older and no longer want to bother with clubs full of 18 year olds.”
“I can now dance without getting drunk! Taking away my self consciousness I have found the joy in dancing and am risking being free.”
“NLNL keeps me sane. I live for my Wednesday de-stress dance’a’thon.”
“I love to have a boogie and the atmosphere at NLNL brings on those feel good endorphins so strongly I can’t wipe the smile off my face.”